Monday, March 8, 2010

The Pink Sage Diner, Solaris Dutamas.

Pink Sage Diner just moved from Jalan Dang Wangi, downtown KL, to this new upstairs lot above Papa Rich, at Solaris Dutamas.

The overall ambiance was one that was minimalist but comfortable.

Read the menu, and Lamb Burger caught my attention.

When it arrived, I was utterly disappointed by the lack of presentation, the fact that they served processed fries, and the unforgivably poor quality buns. The price was not cheap either. It was more expensive than the basic burgers at Chili's. It costs me RM23++.

I expected a whole lot more.

The Mozzarella Pancake however, was (sort of) the saving grace. And I heard from the table the pasta with sun-dried tomatoes was better than expected. And, they served Illy gourmet coffees.

But that was it. Sorry boss, but I left your restaurant feeling half empty.

2 comments:

The Blushing Wise Guy said...

Hi there, thanks very much for trying out our food at The Pink Sage. We also noticed that our burger buns weren't cutting it and have since moved on to slightly larger, sesame seed dusted ones :) As for the processed fries, sorry, we were going on the basis that most don't actually like slightly soft hand-cut ones. Hope you'll give us another go when our permanent menu is available first week of April!

The Janitor said...

Thanks Blushing Wise Guy for the reply to my review. I will let my friends know, the next time they ask me about your place, to check out your improved burgers, and ask for hand-cut fries!

But I'll be there again myself, soon. Cheers.

PS. I've double checked your half pint glass, and you're right about it ;)